Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Zions Elk Ranch and Almond Joy




I think it is time I stop slacking and actually add some substance to my posts. It is like a Mounds candy bar. Pics are great and all, but you miss some of the good stuff. Like almonds in an Almond Joy. They are delicious. I eat a handful (of almonds, not almond joy's) almost every day, but ever since our voyage to Zions Elk Ranch.. my appetite for these crunchy delights has dwindled. Why? Well Jarom, my ever so observant child, noticed that one of the elks had been abundantly blessed in the downtown area. Yes, ya'll in the privates. 
Jarom "Mom, check out this Buffalo's nuts... ha.. they are more like almonds." 
I laugh, observe, and then concur that indeed they are shaped like perfect giant almonds. I am sure you are wondering where is the evidence. "Pictures!!" you say. Well next to this little buffalo was a sign that stated that animals do Ram if you get to close. I am pretty sure this buffalo could sense the violation, and I was not about to chance getting Rammed. 

Now, on to more important things, like crowds. Isn't it funny how when you fall in love with a place, Zions let's say, you begin to dislike the crowds that it brings? Tell me if I am wrong, but it's like all these visitors took your favorite parking spot. Man it was busy. So busy, that we actually left without going on a hike. I think I am a Zions snob. I just want it to be less crowded like it is in off season... Okay enough, I am sure I am sounding nuts..


1 comment:

Mommy said...

Yup, a Zion snob alright, I can see them a mile away. Stay away from my parking place.