Thursday, July 23, 2009

Its the Breaks, yo.








Cedar Breaks that is. Day two of our little escape we headed up to Cedar Breaks National Monument. My kids are official Junior Rangers. For those who have not done it, most National Parks/monuments/etc. offer this free little program. If you haven't done it with your kids, give it a try. My kids thought the Ranger pins, and swearing in were pretty neat. I couldn't help but laugh almost the whole way through Z's swearing in. This kid cracks me up. I wish I had recorded it. The boy has a talent for filler words. I am petty sure Z, and the Ranger are not sure what he swore too that day. Funny how personalities shine in moments like these. Jarom was all smiles, yet serious. Nora was timid, and quite. And Z, he just wanted to wear the hat. 

The top pic is one of Alpine Pond. An easy family hike in the breaks. I could not believe how many bees there were throughout the hike. They were HUGE bees, and I will admit that I was lying to my kids when I told them over and over that they were not scary... erg. 

We also got a visitor that night! Grandpa Kenn. :) Dad was driving back from Mesquite and was nice enough to make a detour our way. My kids were so excited, and couldn't believe grandpa came to Brianhead

No comments: